What makes us different?
Our services are designed for our youth using an innovative, client-centered model of care. Next-generation therapy for the next generation.
Our mission at Atlantic Wellness is to provide youth and young adults with timely, professional mental health therapy and coordinated support services regardless of their ability to pay.
Our vision is that youth and young adults will always have access to mental health services and support.
How do we achieve this mission and vision?
It’s only through the dedicated efforts of our staff, collaboration with our partners, and the continuous financial support of our community, foundations, and municipalities through donations and grant funding that we fulfill our mission. We couldn’t do it alone!
Our Core Values
The core values of Atlantic Wellness are Belonging, Growth, Confidence, Authenticity, and Partnerships & Collaboration. These values have been identified over time as the key to our long-term success as a center. They are the foundation of every decision we make regarding the future of the center and our clients. These values are present in every staff member.
- Belonging – Our strength is in building positive relationships, meeting youth at their level, and ensuring a welcoming environment to allow youth to feel a sense of belonging at the center and elsewhere in life. That’s why we’re located in a converted home with comfortable, youth-friendly offices. There are no stark, white walls here!
- Growth – We support our clients in achieving personal growth and also aim to grow our services to meet the changing needs of our community.
- Confidence – Atlantic Wellness is a strength-based organization. We want our clients to develop the confidence and resilience they need to overcome challenges and barriers in life.
- Authenticity – We support youth in finding their “true self” and identity, setting goals and seeking self acceptance. As an organization, we strive to be transparent with the community about our operations.
- Partnership and Collaboration – We foster strong community partnerships for the purposes of mental health advocacy, fund development, and wrap-around support systems for youth and families.